You’ve written a book proposal and you’re itchy to hold a paper book in your hands. In fact you’re so fired up that you knocked out the book proposal in one week and wrote the sample chapters in 3 days!
But are you serious enough to slow down?
- Are you willing to solicit feedback from a local writer’s group?
- Are you willing to spend six months writing and rewriting those chapters?
- Are you willing to hire a proofreader to review your final draft?
- Are you willing to save money and find childcare for your toddler so you can spend three days at a writer’s conference?
- Are you willing to spend 18 more months writing articles, to build your platform, before submitting your proposal to an agent or publisher?
If you’re serious about building a career as a writer, plan to invest time, money and energy in your proposal before submitting it to an agent or publisher.
Be that serious.